1.How does SiteLock protect my online reputation?
SiteLock's patent-pending 360-degree scan helps you make sure your website and communications are reaching your visitors as intended in three key ways:
- Malware blacklist monitoring: We monitor search engine and proprietary lists of sites reported as malware to make sure visitors arrive at your site, not a "Red Screen" warning from their browser or search engine
- Email spam blacklist monitoring: We compare your email address, domain name, and e-mail server to industry and proprietary lists used by popular email programs to identify which messages to mark as "Spam". This ensures that your e-mails reach your customers' inbox - not their spam folder.
- SSL Scanning: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site for data encryption, we will scan that certificate to verify that it is not expired or otherwise out-of-compliance with web browser expectations. This prevents users from seeing warnings about data security when they visit your site.
Failure to keep up with and monitor any of these items can result in lost customers, abandoned visits to your website, and wasted marketing and website design efforts.
2. What is SMART?
SiteLock’s SMART, or Secure Malware Alert & Removal Tool, performs deep internal website scans that will tell you when any file on your website changes, giving you full visibility to all activity on your site. If malware is detected, SMART can automatically remove it so that your website maintains a safe and secure environment for our visitors. This comprehensive scan performs daily inside-out, as well as outside-in, checks of your website that go beyond most surface scans. SMART is included in Professional, Premium and Enterprise.
3. How long does a typical SMART scan take?
Depends on the size of the site. Typically, SMART scans are complete within 24 hours.
4. I own several websites. What do I need to protect them?
SiteLock is sold as a subscription per domain. You would purchase a separate subscription for each website that you would want to protect. My business contains multiple domains or websites.
5. How can I monitor them all?
Click the "Sites" link at the top of the page. There you can choose to add a site and enter the required information. The information will be displayed alongside your current site information in the dashboard.
6. What is Malware?
Malware, short for malicious software, can be installed on your website by hackers who are able to find weaknesses on your web server. A typical website may have thousands of potential vulnerabilities for malware injection. Once placed on a website, malware can then be used to spread viruses, steal personal or financial data, and even hijack computers. It is not easily detected and may infect your customers' computers after they visit your website. Ultimately, this negatively affects your business reputation and can result in lost business.
7. How can I use TrueShield to protect my online business?
Purchase and set up a PREVENT plan that includes TrueSpeed, a global content delivery network (CDN) and advanced acceleration to increase your website’s security while optimizing its speed.
8. What is Application Scanning?
Application scanning will verify the applications you've installed on your website against known vulnerabilities. As application versions age (like Joomla 1.5 or WordPress 3.0), hackers will find ways to attack these programs. The publishers then update them with newer versions, which you need to upgrade to in order to stay safe. SiteLock verifies your version against catalogs of vulnerabilities to ensure you are running safe software on your site. If we discover a vulnerability in our testing, we report it to you immediately and can help you secure your site.
9. How does SiteLock protect my data?
SQL injection is an extremely damaging attack in which hackers will attempt to access information stored in your database, such as customer data or user ID's and passwords. SQL stands for Structured Query Language and is the programming language understood by databases. By inserting commands from this programming language into fields on your website's input forms, hackers can gain access to the database records of vulnerable sites, stealing credit card data, passwords, e-mail addresses and any additional data available in the database.
SiteLock SQL injection scanning reviews all of the files and applications on your website to detect any injections that have been inserted in your website code. If we identify an infiltration, we will notify you immediately via email. Your SiteLock dashboard will show a list of infected pages, and our Expert Services team can help you repair your website.
10. Is SiteLock TrueShield PCI Compliant?
Yes, TrueShield is a PCI-certified cloud Web Application Firewall & CDN.